SENCO – Senior School (Part time 2 or 3 days or full time considered)
As a SENCO, you will be responsible for supporting children with learning needs in the Senior School. You will need the skills required of a teacher for this role, and will also have the drive and commitment for supporting pupils with specific learning needs throughout their education in Senior School.
Applications must be submitted on a Wisbech Grammar School application form with a covering letter (no longer than one side of A4) addressed to the Headmaster, Mr Chris Staley. Your application can be supported by a CV. Applications annotated “see attached cv” will not be considered. If you need to ask for more information, please email Mike Forrest (Deputy Head Academic) MLForrest@wisbechgrammar.com
Applicants are also requested to send a current photograph with their application
Please e-mail your application to HR@wisbechgrammar.com or post your letter, and application form to:
Mrs Sue Simmons, Human Resources Manager
Wisbech Grammar School
47 North Brink
Cambridgeshire PE13 1JX
Closing date: Applications must be received by 9am Monday 8 May 2017
Interviews will be held on Thursday 11 May 2017
Working at Wisbech Grammar School
Prospective staff joining our school should embrace the opportunity to become part of the Wisbech Grammar School community.
If you are a member of the Teaching Staff you will be expected to;
- Teach and inspire our pupils with your subject and demonstrate passion and enthusiasm as you teach;
- Be part of the School’s co-curricular activities programme adding a broad base to pupils interest and learning;
- Be a form tutor supporting and guiding pupils;
- Join in with our Sports curriculum and share a particular sporting expertise you may have.
If you are a member of the Support Staff you will be expected to;
- Support pupils' learning to create a positive learning environment;
- Provide services to staff, pupils and parents that enable education and learning to take place;
- Work with other Teaching and Support staff colleagues across the school.
If you require further information please contact:
Human Resources Manager: Mrs Sue Simmons
Telephone: 01945 583631 ext 278
If you cannot see a vacancy that is suitable for you but would like to register your interest with us please complete an application form (choosing either Teaching or Support staff application form) and return it to Mrs Simmons to keep on file for any future opportunities that arise.
Wisbech Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and a medical.
Teaching Staff - Application Form
Teaching Staff - Candidate Information
Support Staff - Application FormSupport Staff - Candidate Information
Application Equality Form (2016)