Personalised progress is at the heart of our teaching and learning at Wisbech Grammar School. All staff are accountable for the development of their pupils but we recognise that some pupils need extra support to overcome certain difficulties.
Equally, we respect that parents have key knowledge and experience to contribute to the shared view of their child’s needs and the best ways of offering support. We ensure that all parents of children with specific learning difficulties play an active and valued role in their child’s education. The Learning Support Department provides:
- screening and/or full assessments for Dyslexia
- links to other education professionals who can provide assessments for Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, ASD, ADD/ADHD, SLCN
- assessments for access arrangements in GCSE, IGCSE and GCE exams
- a flexible approach to timetabling for those pupils who may need to concentrate on a core of subjects
- 1:1 or small group literacy or study skills lessons with a qualified SpLD teacher, offered on a withdrawal basis or after school
- LSA support in some class lessons in the Senior School
We ensure that all staff are aware of those pupils who have specific learning needs and how they can be supported. Pupil progress is regularly monitored to inform planning and teaching, and pupils are encouraged to contribute to the assessment and review of their learning needs. Staff receive regular training, teaching advice and strategies in the area of SEND.
Please note: assessments and 1:1 lessons incur an extra fee.
I always leave our meetings feeling like a weight has been lifted. It is always great to formulate plans going forward and I feel confident we are going in the right direction with our son. We are absolutely positive that without your support, commitment and encouragement academically he would not be where he is today. We honestly cannot thank you enough.
Wisbech Grammar School Parent
If you require further information please contact:
SENCo: Mrs Claire Harding
Telephone: 01945 583631 ext 239